It's been a long time since I've posted. Matagal-tagal na rin kasi nang huli akong mabiyayaan ng karanasan (sexual or otherwise) na ka-post-post. And after this night's experience, I think mayro'n na naman akong dapat i-tala sa aking Notebook para maalala. (Un)Fortunately, it's not the sexual kind.
==========================
First of all, if it gets approved by the end of this month, at matapos ang roller coaster ride of emotions na dinana ko n'ung summer, magiging official na rin ang pag-graduate ko. Finally.
And since I've decided not to take The Exams this year, and just take next year's, I've got a lot of free time now: TV, Anime and Movie Marathon (salamat sa Torrent downloads). Working Out (bumili ako ng dumbells at nagdownload ng HipHop Abs, bwahahahahaha). At syempre netsurfing. Wikipedia. YouTube. Occassional Porn.
One time, out of the blue, bigla kong naalala si Dean Cain. He was one of my crushes nung ako'y bata pa (read: dalaginding).
Syempre type agad sa YouTube search: "dean cain gay". Voila! May gay-kissing scene daw s'ya sa isang pelikula, "The Broken Hearts Club: A Romantic Comedy".
Syempre wikipedia muna ako:
The film follows the lives of a group of gay friends in West Hollywood. Among the group is Dennis (Timothy Olyphant), a photographer who often holds the group together; Cole (Dean Cain) a handsome, charismatic actor who — often unwittingly — ends up with other people's boyfriends; Benji (Zach Braff), the youngest member of the group, with a penchant for gym-bodied men, who finds himself going through some bad times; Howie (Matt McGrath), a psychology student who is known for overthinking every situation; Patrick (Ben Weber), the cynic of the group; and Taylor (Billy Porter), who has long boasted about his long-term relationship, which has just come crashing to an end. Guiding them is restaurant owner Jack (John Mahoney) who provides them with advice. But when tragedy strikes, and the group's newest member, 23-year-old Kevin (Andrew Keegan), attempts to fit in, their friendships are put to the test.
Nu'ng una akala ko it's just like one of those tragic gay movies (read: Pinoy Pink films) again, where one of the male lead dies. (AIDS. Murder. Car accident.) I should've believed the title, though, because the film's no tragedy at all.
It's actually about the most cliche of movie themes: friendship, love, acceptance. All set in the "gay world". Sobrang naka-relate ako sa pelikulang ito. I feel like I have (and had) bits and pieces of myself in each of the main characters: Dennis' fears and uncertainties. Cole's abandonment tendencies. Benji's longing for HIS time to shine. Howie's obsession into being more straight-acting. Patrick's insecurities about his "image". Kevin's ideals and "newbie"-ness.
Sobrang daming memories lang ang bumalik sa akin habang pinapanood ko ang pelikulang 'yun. Hehehe.
In fairness, nakaka-miss...
=====================
Oo nga pala. Ipinaalala din sa akin ng pelikulang 'yun 'yung iba ko pang mga crushes dati (LOL):


who I found out to have made "gay" films too. Looks like I've still got a lot to download. Hehehehehe. :D
==============
I'll end this rather long post with two quotes from the movie:
"Everyone can't be straight. Everyone can't be beautiful. Everyone can't be the same, Patrick. Some people are just gay and average. We're the strongest I think."
"A lot of people ask me when I first knew I was gay. Fact is, I don't know. But what I do remember, what I can recall, is when I first realized it was Okay: It was when I met these guys. My friends."





7 comments:
Good luck sa exams next year : ) Try ko nga panoorin yang "the broken hearts club" Mukhang maganda nga : )
Aaaaw. Miss ko na din kayong mga gay friends ko sa manila! Wala akong kaechosan ditey! Hahahaha!
Lasapin na ang bakasyon!
Antonio Sabato, I think, did a handful of gay movies. Nagpakita siya ng toot! Haha! Download na dali!
@tiyang
hehehe maganda talaga. download na! :D
@rabit
napanood ko na ung kay antonio na "testosterone". ung "deadly skies a.k.a. force of impact" ang di ko mahanap. T_T
Nood ka na lang rin ng Game of Thrones. Medieval "fun". Haha.
@rudolf
hahaha. panu'ng medieval fun?
Dean Cain!!! :) Napanuod ko na yan dati...but I already forgot about the story. Thanks for the refresh! Mas maganda mga pelikula nuon... :)
@kuya neil
hehehehe. oo nga. mukhang mas magaganda old pink films. hehehehe
Post a Comment